Oh, I forgot to mention something that is important! We received news last week that Matthew was suffering from malaria, which is actually quite common in Africa. He was taken to the hospital and treated for it as well as for worms. (Yes, I said worms...YUCK, but also quite common in children adopted from Africa.) He is reportedly doing quite well now.
I also found out that the youngest child at Rainbow Town, a 10-month-old infant boy named John, died last month from unknown causes. After losing his appetite, he was taken to the hospital where they declared there was nothing wrong. After being taken back to the orphanage, he woke up crying and wouldn't stop, so Ma Feeta returned to the hospital with him where he died. The doctors never gave anyone a cause of death for him...I guess over there, he was just another dead baby in Africa.
This is why I want to bring our children home as quickly as possible...yesterday was too late for little John.
Pray for his little soul when you are snuggling into your comfy warm beds tonight nestled in the comfort of knowing that every day all of your needs are met...we truly are so fortunate and blessed to be citizens of the United States of America.
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment