Tuesday, July 24, 2007

We're off to Africa...

Okay, we're packed and ready to go and right now leaving for the airport with 200 pounds of supplies for Rainbow Town. I also have photo albums and goodies for my friends' children in the AFAA home. I wish that we could take more...I kept trying to fit "just one more pair" of shoes in the bag...right now I think we're pushing a little over 50# per bag! I put most of my supplies in my carry-on so the only thing in the suitcase for me is my clothing...and I put those in a SpaceBag to take up less space! :)

We're going to meet my mother-in-law right now, lunch at Max and Erma's, and then AFRICA HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!! I'm sure there will be lots of tears as I've been so weepy the last few days knowing how much I'm going to miss Patrick and the boys...the boys- hmmmm....I won't be able to say that or sign cards that way anymore! I always sign, "Patrick, Heather, and the boys" so now I guess it will have to be "Patrick, Heather, the boys, and the girl!"

2 comments:

Richardson Family said...

We're following you all the way, A&E are anxiously looking over my shoulder right now recognized the kids pictures. Safe travels for the trip and the journey of a lifetime!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I've been thinking of you and hoping the travel part of your journey has been uneventful. I finally got my second referral! Her name is Diamond and I would love it if you could get a picture for me!! I just heard from Cheryl and she said you should just be landing about now and she was going to ask you as well! Get some rest!!
Karen