Thursday, July 19, 2007

A Room fit for a Princess...



Okay, I know it's a little over-the-top with frou-frou, but this is our first girl!!! We built a loft bedroom that extends from ours (we now have a door to our bedroom and kids can't just walk in whenever they feel like it! Although now Matthew will be sharing our room with us, so I guess the door is moot!) and have tried to make the small space "fairy tale-esque!!" It's actually not THAT small and extends around...I'll try to put up photos of the rest of the room tomorrow, but tonight they're loading slowly.

Anyway, for many, many years (and many, many a boy), I've had a vision of the perfect little girl's room. After a while, I kind of figured that we would never have a daughter, so I didn't think any more about it. It was boys' rooms of dinosaurs and Harry Potter and horses and cowboys...more recently it's been surfboards for Chase and Ryan and an Asian theme for Jordan...but no pink and lavendar! The fact that our new daughter's name is Princess makes it all the more perfect! I've tried to create the feeling of a real little princess's room complete with her name above the bed. The antique bed was actually left here at our house by the previous owners and was unfinished in the rafters of the workshop. I painted it and then painted an antique chifferobe (that was also left here) to match (not pictured). Patrick says it's WAY too frilly for him, but admits that he thinks she'll love it! (Oh, and if you didn't notice, I have a "thing" for bunnies, and have included that in her room, as well. Hopefully, she won't be afraid of all the rabbits! Are there even rabbits in Africa? Hmmmm...)

Now, we haven't forgotten little Matthew...his room's next, but his will not be nearly as extravagant since he's sharing a room with Mommy and Daddy! I'll post photos of his "area" when it's completed, but those of you who know Patrick know that there will be a definite NOTRE DAME FOOTBALL theme!!! :)

Wow...it's 12:30 AM which means I am now officially FOUR DAYS away from leaving!!!

2 comments:

Addison's adoption: said...

Heather and Patrick, You are such special people to do what you are doing. These two beautiful children will be so blessed. There should be more young couples do what you are doing. God bless you and have a safe trip, I will be following your journey.

Vickie, Adam's Mom

gorgeous_n_green2010 said...

oooooooh Mrs.P i love her room it so perfect for a little girl especially for a princess it reminds me so much of my room with a the care-bears and the other stuffed animals i actually have the huffalump that is on her bed the room is amazing just like her i know she will just love it all the little girls would but i am glad it will be princess that will be able to have such a special room Kaci and I will have to come over when you are all settled in to play with her i know she will love Lee Middleton Dolls i have a bunch of them i also like how in the first message that Vickie put Adam's Mom ha ha we had a lot of fun in your class hope you have a safe trip can't wait to see her she will have a bunch of little girls to play with after school in the High School
luv ya kiki I CAN'T WAIT